You guys…today was a very upsetting day on so many levels. I watched the news briefly in horror and dismay. I am at a loss for words at the present moment. But…I am working on them. In short, there is a sadness that grips my heart and my mind tonight as I go to sleep watching the events that unfolded today in our nation’s capital.
To top off the actual insanity that is our current democracy we woke to a septic issue in our basement and “fecal matter” or shit as I like to call it (especially on this particular day) was overflowing our grinder pump and onto our carpeted play room floor. Yes, that’s right, the place our children play, color, read books, slide down the slide etc. So…an emergency plumber and septic cleaning crew later our floorings been ripped up, the room has been sanitized and we still cannot use the toilets in the basement until the plumber returns tomorrow. Also, it should be mentioned that our play room/basement smelled like a porta-potty at a concert all day, so that just adds to the goodness of all of this. I feel it’s appropriate that this literal shit storm happened today. Oh, also…did I mention we also got a call from the car place and we need two new tires. So that really was great news!
So while we lit our checkbook on fire to address all of these issues today and our nation witnessed a travesty I just can’t come up with the words to even address I decided I am going to continue with our year in reviews and focus on the good, I’ll get to the actual crap (literal and figurative) tomorrow or the next day.
Today, is all about one of my favorite humans Cooper Claerhout Dorsey!
- How old are you? 10
- Favorite subject in school: Social Studies
- What’s your favorite color? blue and green
- What’s your favorite sport? basketball and hockey
- What’s your favorite food? Lasagna
- What’s your favorite sweet treat? 3 layer brownies and mom’s regular cookies.
- What is your favorite animal? Tiger
- What is your favorite song? Anything Garth Brooks!
- What is your favorite thing to do? My favorite thing to do is play in the barn.
- Favorite team? My favorite team is the Chiefs, the Buccaneers, the Blackhawks and the Rangers
- Favorite restaurant? Chili’s
- Favorite Fast food? Freddy’s
- Favorite friends: Finley, Jake, Hunter, Dad…(he paused) well, everybody, I like everyone mom.
- What makes you happy? Our family makes me happy!
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be an NFL football player or NHL player.
- If you could go anywhere, where would you go? South Dakota to see Mount Rushmore
- What do you like most about your dad? I like that he coaches a lot of our sports and he’s a really good dad and he plays at the barn with us.
- What do you like most about your mom? I like that she plays sports with us at the barn too, she makes great meals and she’s a really good volleyball coach.
- Describe yourself…amazing, athletic, awesome, sweet, fast
- Who do you most admire and why? My dad and mom because they are my parents and they do a lot of stuff for me.
- One word to describe the year? Amazing, but booooo corona.
- Best movie you have seen this year? Safety
- Something you have learned to do you had never done before? Ice skating was cool.
- Favorite place you visited this year? Florida boom!
- Best quarantine activity we did? Swimming in the pond was really fun!
- What is an achievement you are proud of this year? I am proud that I learned how to skate.
- What has been the hardest part of the year for you? The hardest part of this year is having to wear a mask while playing sports and everywhere else. I don’t like the mask.
- If you could change one thing that happened this year, what would it be? Oh, that corona would go bye bye.
- What person at your school has made the biggest impact on your life? Why? My teachers because they help me with things I don’t understand.
- What or whom are you most thankful for this year? Our family, our friends, our teachers, our house and our cousins.
I really like that our house is really decorated and we have a lot of cool ornaments. I love how many desserts we have at Christmas Eve. Also, we get to play at the barn a lot with our cousins. We have a big dinner every Christmas Eve and it’s awesome. My favorite Christmas Eve tradition is the money game and the present game. My favorite presents this year were my basketball bag and my ice skates. The best part of Christmas break was that we got to go to Florida and went to all the parks and rode so many rides. I liked being able to spend a lot of time with my family instead of being in school all day. In the new year I want to get better at basketball!