As a fun little end of the year activity I am going to ask the kids the same questions. They will be in no particular order.
Today we will hear from Ellen Anne Dorsey!
- How old are you? 10
- Favorite subject in school: math or reading
- What’s your favorite color? turquoise
- What’s your favorite sport? volleyball
- What’s your favorite food? Baked potatoes
- What’s your favorite sweet treat? Brownies and ice cream
- What is your favorite animal? Elephants or dogs
- What is your favorite song? My favorite thing to listen to right now is Hamilton. The king’s songs make me laugh.
- What is your favorite thing to do? My favorite thing to do is read or play a volleyball game.
- Favorite team? St. James, Chiefs, my team too!
- Favorite restaurant? Texas Roadhouse
- Favorite Fast food? Chik-fila
- Favorite friends: Malloy, Gabby, Kate, really mom…all the girls in my class. I like them all. Oh…and Fiona too, she’s also my friend!
- What makes you happy? Reading makes me happy.
- What do you want to be when you grow up? When I grow up I want to be a vet.
- If you could go anywhere, where would you go? Hawaii
- What do you like most about your dad? I like that dad is funny and kind and he helps me with a lot of stuff.
- What do you like most about your mom? I like that my mom is nice and kind and she also helps me with a lot of stuff. I also like when she helps me with volleyball.
- Describe yourself…awesome, kind, smart, optimistic
- Who do you most admire and why? I most admire my mom and dad because they are always really nice to everyone and helpful to others and me.
- One word to describe the year? I wish the corona virus wasn’t a thing (my kids really didn’t get this question).
- Best movie you have seen this year? Lord of the Rings
- Something you have learned to do you had never done before? I got my overhand serve!
- Favorite place you visited this year? Florida for sure.
- Best quarantine activity we did? Our best quarantine activity was the hikes to the river and when we played in the barn.
- What is an achievement you are proud of this year? That I learned how to overhand serve and so far in school I have gotten straight A’s.
- What has been the hardest part of the year for you? The hardest part of the year was when we couldn’t see anyone during quarantine.
- If you could change one thing that happened this year, what would it be? I’d make it so there was no corona virus.
- What person at your school has made the biggest impact on your life? Why? My teachers because they help me learn new things and they are nice.
- What or whom are you most thankful for this year? I am most thankful for my family and my friends.
I like all the decorations in our house at Christmas and I like to help Mommy put them up. My favorite decoration is our stockings and of course the Christmas tree. My favorite Christmas Eve tradition is the money game. I get really excited about it. I almost won this year, I’ve won two years before. I also like the present game. I really like Mommy’s blueberry pound cake she makes for Christmas Eve. My Christmas break was good. I really liked going to Florida and most recently playing in the snow. Sledding down the huge hill in the forest was awesome and I like making my snowman. (giggles) I like everything I got. My favorite present that I got was my Polaroid camera and my books. I have already 4 of my books that I got! In New Year something I am going to work on getting better at pushups!
Some highlights from Ellen’s 2020 Christmas Break!