As a fun little end of the year activity I am going to ask the kids the same questions (stay tuned for how Fletcher does on this…it may be an abbreviated version). They will be in no particular order.
Today we start with Fiona Bell Dorsey!
- How old are you? 8, almost 9
- Favorite subject in school: math and reading and writing
- What’s your favorite color? green
- What’s your favorite sport? volleyball
- What’s your favorite food? Pepperoni Puffed Pizza
- What’s your favorite sweet treat? Mommy’s Monster cookies
- What is your favorite animal? Dog of course.
- What is your favorite song?
- What is your favorite thing to do? Playing volleyball
- Favorite team? Stanford or St. James
- Favorite restaurant? Kc Joe’s
- Favorite Fast food? Chik-fila
- Favorite friends: Vivian, Mollie, Anna, Mia, Izzy
- What makes you happy? Playing sports, cooking with mom
- What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to take the place of my mom at St. James and be the volleyball coach and take over the Lemonade Stand of course and be a substitute coach for Stanford too!
- If you could go anywhere, where would you go? Hawaii or California when corona is over.
- What do you like most about your dad? When I ask him a question he always makes up a way to make me laugh. For example, I asked him if he could open a cup that was too hard to open. He opened it and then put the lid back on, saying “yes I can.”
- What do you like most about your mom? That she always plays sport with us.
- Describe yourself…odd, not normal, kind, helpful, athletic, smart and entertaining.
- Who do you most admire and why? Kevin Hambly and my parents because I want to be one of them when I’m older and I like Stanford and he’s the coach. Duh.
- One word to describe the year? depressing and good at the same time
- Best movie you have seen this year? The Air Up There!
- Something you have learned to do you had never done before? I learned how to ice skate and how to play spike ball.
- Favorite place you visited this year? Florida or the Ozarks with Mrs Elainey and our cousins.
- Best quarantine activity we did? Going on hikes to the river
- What is an achievement you are proud of this year? Getting straight A’s!
- What has been the hardest part of the year for you? When quarantine started.
- If you could change one thing that happened this year, what would it be? Definitely there would be NO corona.
- What person at your school has made the biggest impact on your life? Why? Mrs. Tripp because when I always go to her class in the morning she has a smile on her face and is always in a good mood, which teaches me to be a better person.
- What or whom are you most thankful for this year? Gaga, mom, dad, and basically my whole family. My Cousins too. I love them all.
My most favorite things about Christmas at our house is that we do so much decorating. My mom loves to decorate and we have a lot of lights and trees We always have family over on Christmas Eve and we play awesome games where you can win prizes or money. There weren’t as many people this year because of corona. We also make cookies with our cousins and decorate them really awesome at Aunt Jenny’s and that’s super fun. We also get to make gingerbread houses at home. It’s girls vs. boys and we always win! When it snows we always go sledding and play in the snow together. This Christmas my favorite presents were my volleyball stuff, Stanford water bottle and clothes, especially the Stanford volleyball and my Polaroid Camera. A funny memory this Christmas was when Gigi had really bad gas on Christmas day because she ate some of the turkey and Santa brought her a bone and she crushed it and it made her really smelly. This Christmas we got to talk to Santa and that was really amazing. We spent a lot of time with our cousins playing in the barn. We also did a lot of cooking. The worst part of Christmas was that Gaga got sick and she couldn’t be with us when we opened presents. We missed her.
As you can see, Fiona had a lot to say about this year in review. While corona has been rough at times, there are far more blessings and much more joy in our year than not and we are blessed.